Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Visit to the Native - Volume 2

I had a great vacation last week and I am very anxious to write it down. I believe my blogs will be my sweet memory after many years pass by. Now, my Vacation was at my Native. I know that I have written lot about my native in my previous blogs, but what I felt this time was very different. I had the best experience when I faced the ocean and when I went sailing in the boat for about 2 hours in the nearby river.



The beach that I visited is the Kapil beach, though not crowded, could anticipate a large crowd in the coming years when I saw Leela group resort construction happening nearby. The beach was very clean and silent. The voice of the waves was overwhelming. I stood carrying my son to wet my legs and when we found a big wave seeming to gulp us we would run away. He would laugh out loud. It was the his first experience, he was enjoying it.

Very house in my place will surely have a river flowing by at least 2 kilometers away from their house. So, I went to explore the river by my husbands house. It is summer and I did not expect the river to gush with water, but I did have a great sight of natures beauty.



I also visited Kiloor and the Anathapuram Temple. It was a wonderful experience. The shrine at the Ananthapur temple is made differently. The guide there told that the shrine was made of 64 ayurvedic items. They prepared the skeleton with small braches of a tree that is considered very holy and on that the body parts was molded . There is a 64 year old crocodile in the lake surrounding the temple, which comes out during the feeding time. The temple is surrounded by water, it was a very good view. There is cave found and its said that this cave will lead to the Padmanabha Temple which is at Trivandrum, miles away from this location.


The reason that I had been was to fulfill my Grandmother wish - it was that ones I had a kid a Thulabaram would be done at the Mundol Temple of the Mother and kid. Unfortunately she is no more, but we wanted to fulfill what she said. Finally after 2 years we booked THE day for the auspicious occasion which happened during this summer. For those who do not know what it means - Basically, we are bribing (that is what I feel) the God telling that you do this for me and I will donate Rice ( could be anything other substance) which weighs greater than ones weight to the temple. When my Grandmother thought about this she did not mention with what substance, it was a problem. But, you do find solution for such issues in our place. They see something called "Rashi", done by the Astrologer, he would confirm telling what substance did the passed away person intend to use for Thulabaram. I felt if funny... What we actually do is, we sit on one plank of a big balance and on the other plank rice is placed until it weighs more than mine and my son's weight. It is told that the person sitting in the balance should be having good thoughts. Just before one sits in the balance, one should immerse in the temple's lake and come wet and sit. This is to tell that he/she is purified. In my case, the lake was dried out, do not know if its acceptable. LOL. There are stories that even when 100kg rice was kept for one person some time back, the balance did not move, because he was not pure at heart. There is another person who has done Thulabaram in Gold, Oh my God!!! It should be the temples lucky day. Unfortunately, I could not take a snap during THE moment, may be next time...

No comments: