Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lymphoma

Lyphoma - Sounds like Lukemia (something around it, should be related) - this is exactly my head triggered when my ear drums caught the word.

I was waiting outside the clinic to meet my parents who were visiting the doc. I found my mother beckoning me to join her as the doctor was speaking. I gave a warm smile which was completely ignored by the Doc. He looked shaken and he was speaking in English when he is aware that my parents was not understanding him. I knew his intent later that he did not want to be understood by them but had to be understood by me. Lymphoma is what he said. It was 20th of March. I remember riding my vehicle with tears rolling uncontrollably asking "WHY HIM"!!! I checked the internet to reconfirm, praying that it is not what my brain shouted loud at me. But, unfortunately it was not the case.

I had mixed feelings of anxiety and dismay. I felt lonely. I had to handle this . I am a realistic person, acting on the situation without emotional stigma. I had to be support to my mother.

My father the strong pillar of the family was completely broken. He was shattered, he was looking for some favorably answer at every day, he would cry out loud asking me if he is going to live long. I did not know the answer this question, i could not handle him being so weak.

He had to go thru the Biopsy, bone marrow check up and PET scan which concluded that the cancer had spread over to the lympnodes in his body. He had to undergo chemo 6 times with 3 weeks break. The first one was the painful one where his stomach hurt. He had to get adjusted to the medicine which was injected to him for 12 hrs in a day. We feared a lot about his health as the stories around us was unbearable. But, it did not turn out as I had anticipated. Its 7  months now and he is fine, cannot say normal because he has lost the stamina he had earlier, but I am very glad and thank full the he is beside me. 

He is destined to live for the good reason that God has planned.

PS: I am sure there would be someone who would be needing some answers, i could share my experience, leave a comment, i shall write back.

No comments: