Saturday, March 5, 2011

Books for our Angles


My son is 4 year old and my focus now is how to get his attention to read books. I encourage him to read books in the library, but we both turn out to be noisy and the librarian gets annoyed and warns us. Embarrassed, I pull him out from the library. This is the situation every time.

I was fortunate to attend a book exhibition at office and I noticed a book named "Magic Pot" - typically meant for small children. When I went through the content of the book there are essential tricks to get the kid's attention but the guide/reader should show the enthusiasm in reading it too.

Topics covered involves kids to
  • write number
  • alphabets
  • solve maze puzzles
  • recognize actions
  • colour worksheet
  • puzzle to check memory
  • simple games
  • do simple crafts
  • find the difference in pictures
  • recognize matching items
enough things to get the kids engaged.

I have subscribed this book for around 4 months, and my son now knows which is the page in the book which provides instructions to do the crafts.

I recommend all parents of kids 4 to 7 year old to subscribe this book. And I would suggest that it would be a good birthday gift to kids.


1 comment:

Archana said...

Even my son likes this a lot and is exited to do the activities in it...I think most of the kids like this to a very larger extent.