Friday, June 11, 2010

Enjoying the 'wait'

I am sitting in a low blue color chair in the classroom belonging to "LKG-G" students. People around me are parents for "NUR-I" section. Anxiety in their faces. We are all waiting for are dear ones who are attending their first day of class in this new school. Stopping the parents far away from class was the disciplinary action by the school, but it was torture to the parents. I found few parents with video camera to capture the moment of their gem going to school.

First day - After sending my son along with the teacher who stopped me at the gate , we (parents) had to assemble in another class. Wait time starts. I found both Parents present. All inquisitive about the other family. Some ladies start to break the silence. Some are friends who are lucky to have their kids in the same class and of cource they do not need an intro. Some flash out their mobile phone gadget and pretend to be a busy, and there was one lady who took out her laptop to work. Heights of pretence. Myself being a slow starter of converse was overhearing what the ladies around me was talking. Then, suddenly the teacher arrives with the kids Diary. The first day I met her, she was all purple, I really mean complete purple...her lips, her nails and her dress. Today she was all blue. Her dress and nails blue, but her lips,..naaa..Good of her not try it. She gave some instruction and rushed back. Finally the wait was over, the procedure followed for departure was not appreciative compared to arrival. Parents along with their young ones squeezed in between, it took some time to come to a comfortable position. Now complete focus on my son ...his story time starts and my questions never end.

Second day - Since I had an experience of the "wait" i took a book to read to keep myself engaged. Today, majority of them were only Mom's, Dad's could be busy. Heard that many kids were crying that's when it triggered a thought if its my son's. Whatever the case I am helpless. I need to sit and wait. Heard comment about one school which emphasises on religion, about the drama they conduct which is only based on Ramayana and Mahabharat and they teach this to nursery students!!. Other lady shared a story based on how one school admits students. The students are made to play and then the school official offer something to eat and they expect them to tell "Thank you" and the chocolate wrapper to be thrown in the dustbin. Wonder if such action can be expected by kids who are hungry and exhausted and would eat anything given to them. Today, the kids were brought to the parents class, our departure was smooth.

Third day - Parents were not expected to wait. Good for me. Later came back to pick him.

Yes, I did enjoy waiting to pick up my son. The one thing that I enjoyed the most is the happiness found the faces of the parents when their child was joining them. It was like their kids had completed an adventure and returned successfully. Frankly, I did feel like it.
Checkt out what my son has to tell about his first day - http://vishnu2006.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/43-first-day-of-my-school/

No comments: