Thursday, February 12, 2009

Indian Institute of World Culture


I would like to introduce you to the Library that I am a member of since 2002. Its the "Indian Institute of World Culture". Being a member there has made me to love books and I have realised the satisfaction in reading. The question that one could have is what made me to tell me about this Library!! . Here is what I am eager to tell - I happened to borrow an usual Novel and two Magazines which I did not take meaning to read it, its just for the sake that I had the card. But I find that without my knowledge I have done something which has now helped me to explore the "World of Gita". The Magazine is "Gita for Everyday Living".
My opinion about what modern world fells about Gita is that its just a book on what advices Krishna gives Arjuna. But reading this Magazine I have explored more. Here are few topics that the magazine talks about
1. Work Ethics ( Who does not need this!!)
2. True Love and Happiness ( Hey Valentine's day is around )
3. Emotional Stability ( God..we need this..Recession is all around ;( )
4. Self Transformation ( Does one have time to think about self )
5. Ecological Balance ( What is this ???)
6. Management Lessons ( How do I handle my Manager !!!)
I feel all that is mentioned about is very much related to our world.
So friends..do subscribe this book...it can give another meaning to life.
This book is supported by Swami Vivekananda's words which could be absorbed by the modern world. This is one of the Statement that Swami said - Stand up and Fight. Not one step back - that is the idea. Fight it out, whatever comes; let the stars move from the spheres! Let the whole world stand against us!. You gain nothing by becoming cowards..you are infinite, deathless, birthless. Because you are infinite spirit, it does not befit you to be a slave. Arise, Awake! Stand up and fight! - GIVE IT A THOUGHT FRIENDS.
For more info - http://www.sriramakrishnamath.org/ You can read the monthly magazine online. You should try it.

2 comments:

Lakshmi S Ramakrishna said...

Its very nice of you to let us know the value of that book. I am inspired by you to make reading as a hobby. I thank you once again for the valuable info.

badboy said...

Good suggestion sister.. after reading this , read the real book