Saturday, June 25, 2011

Team outing with LBS

When you accept change there is a line of other things that you will need to adapt to, which is unplanned. Changing Job was my decision but what came along with it are inevitable things that I had to be a part off.
Being in my earlier company I had being a part of 100 member team and outing and team dinner was held regularly. It was something that was taken for granted. The company was spending lavishly to keep the employees satisfied and happy. But now I do not find it. The environment here is very different. Should say that there is more value of money. It is not that they do not consider the employees satisfaction, it is the culture that has changed after the recession in 2002. A lot of thinking goes for any cost that would incur. Personally that is how I like it.

This is the first outing of the team since inception. Glad that I could be part of it. We are close knit 28 member team from Bangalore. We were only 2 ladies in this group and never felt odd in this group. It's the bond that the company culture has unknowingly thought us. Earlier I would fell that I or should say the ladies were dominated by the male gang even though we were 30 of them. Here I did not feel the hint of it. It was such a pleasant feeling. I doubt that anyone even thought of night dance party which was the awaited event in my previous company. Here all gave importance to family. It was family first and then work. We were done by 5pm and off we left. We had followed the Go Green policy of car pooling. I felt like a group of children enjoying their day with the little pocket money that was saved. And every one relished the moment because it was rare. It was the birthday and anniversary of one of our team mate which was celebrated with a simple touch and I am sure he would remember it. Now that I think of it I feel lucky to be a part of it. Should say I have not emphasised my outing or about the resort in this blog, I have basically put my thought about the team which I give priority to. Thanks to my team.

No comments: