Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trip to my Native









































































Would like to pen down ( not literally ) my experience in my home town. Actually, I have questioned myself -Is the place I visited last week my hometown?? Hometown is supposed to be a place where one is grown up, right ? Let me call it my Native. Yes, I was born here but never got the opportunity to grow in the place. Its South India. Its the most happening place of tourism in Asia. But now I doubt due to recession the stituation could be otherwise. I had planned this trip as i had to attend the house warming ceremony of my uncle and it was the occasion of getting to meet all my relatives after a long time .I had always enjoyed the journey. It was the best experience for me until that night. After 9.30pm my journey turned to be a nightmare, can anyone just imagine that the a smallest parasite could be so painfull. I had bedbugs all over the seat that I settled to. Its the first time I experienced the bite of a bedbug ( cannot tell it was one or a million), cause i had completely turned red when I got down the bus. I am sure that the bedbug had a very good feast out of me. Amazing fact about I was never able to see ths nocturnel insect by my naked eyes. A commuter who was sitting behind me was hunting as
to what was biting him using his powerful mobile light and was successful in finding one. My only wish at that point was that I see the day light soon and I jump out of the bus.
The pain was soon overcome after I stepped down the bus and found myself surrounded by the
morning mist. Kerala is called the 'God's own country' and i completely agree with it. Its Febraury and I found the mist until 8 in the morning. My son had a good time in his grandparents place. He was wondering off to watch the Cow in the shed, the Cock, and the Cat.. the animals which is rarely finds here. The owner of the house where I went to attend the Celebration is a Saudi visa holder ( the house it the outcome of the hard earned Riyals). It was a large house and it was too luxious for just 4 members of the family to stay. But its ones lifestyle. I could contribute in being happy for my uncle you has built such a wonderful house for his family. The taps installed was made of crystal and the door had a amazing lock. It had 3 portch, two in the first floor and one at the ground floor. Its the best place that I found in the entire house.
The place is basically a village with lush greenary around. One is welcomed with Cashsewnut trees on either sides of the road. If you are tired, you just need to pluck the fruit and eat. One could find cows around grazing and sometimes wild bore pass as you walk by. After you climb the hill you will need to cross over a small stream. The bridge is made by a trunck of the arecanut tree. Initally one needs courage. Its a habit for people settled there. The path to another uncles house is by the side of this small stream. At few locations on the way you would encounter a mini waterfall. I am just overwhelmed by the beauty, which the people habitualted do not find any meaning to it. Sometime its the steep hill that we need to climb up and the next movement its a slope down the other side of the hill that you could run down with ease, finally I reach another uncle's house. I hope you could picture the beauty, few pictures are here to send you the snapshots that I have in mind.

The places around that could visit is the Bekal fort, many great temples and the beach. Reach me if you like to visit. If possible I could arrange. :)

No comments: